SubjectRe: [RFC] Restrict the untrusted devices, to bind to only a set of "whitelisted" drivers
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 05:57:02AM -0700, Rajat Jain wrote:
> > So please, in summary:
> > - don't think this is some new type of thing, it's an old issue
> > transferred to yet-another-hardware-bus. Not to say this is
> > not important, just please look at the work that others have
> > done in the past to help mitigate and solve this (reading the
> > Wireless USB spec should help you out here too, as they
> > detailed all of this.)
> > - do copy what USB did, by moving that logic into the driver
> > core so that all busses who want to take advantage of this
> > type of functionality, easily can do so.
>
> Understood, will keep that in mind. I may first present a "PCI
> subsystem only" draft just to get a feel for it, since that is more
> familiar to me and also already has some bits and pieces we need for
> this.

Why? Do it right the first time. To waste reviewer's time on something
that you know you have to throw away and do it "correctly" again, is not
very nice. I know I would put you on the bottom of my "patches to
review" list if you did that to me :)

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2020-06-03 15:29    [W:0.081 / U:0.468 seconds]