SubjectRe: KASAN: use-after-free Read in addr_handler (2)
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 07:27:40PM +0200, Dmitry Vyukov wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 4:42 PM Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov@google.com> wrote:

> > > The syzbot report doesn't confirm that the cancel work was actaully
> > > called.
> > >
> > > The most likely situation is that it was skipped because of the state
> > > mangling the patch fixes..

> > > rdma-cm never seems to get reproducers from syzkaller
> >
> > +syzkaller mailing list
> >
> > Hi Jason,
> >
> > Wonder if there is some systematic issue. Let me double check.
>
> By scanning bugs at:
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/upstream/fixed
>
> I found a significant number of bugs that I would qualify as "rdma-cm"
> and that have reproducers. Here is an incomplete list (I did not get
> to the end):
>
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=b8febdb3c7c8c1f1b606fb903cee66b21b2fd02f
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=d5222b3e1659e0aea19df562c79f216515740daa
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=c600e111223ce0a20e5f2fb4e9a4ebdff54d7fa6
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=a9796acbdecc1b2ba927578917755899c63c48af
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=95f89b8fb9fdc42e28ad586e657fea074e4e719b
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=8dc0bcd9dd6ec915ba10b3354740eb420884acaa
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=805ad726feb6910e35088ae7bbe61f4125e573b7
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=56b60fb3340c5995373fe5b8eae9e8722a012fc4
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=38d36d1b26b4299bf964d50af4d79688d39ab960
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=25e00dd59f31783f233185cb60064b0ab645310f
> https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=2f38d7e5312fdd0acc979c5e26ef2ef8f3370996
>
> Do you mean some specific subset of bugs by "rdma-cm"? If yes, what is
> that subset?

The race condition bugs never seem to get reproducers, I checked a few
of the above and these are much more deterministic things.

I think the recurrance rate for the races is probably too low?

Jason

  Last update: 2020-06-29 21:24    [W:0.058 / U:0.044 seconds]