Subject[ANNOUNCE] git-filter-repo v2.27.1
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 10:08 AM Elijah Newren <newren@gmail.com> wrote:

> The latest release of git-filter-repo, v2.27.0, is also now available.
> It is comprised of 26 non-merge commits since v2.26.0, including two
> changes from new contributors.

I missed sending out this email earlier, but v2.27.1 of
git-filter-repo was released a week and a half ago. v2.27.0
accidentally broke the most prominent example in the README.md file;
v2.27.1 fixes that bug /and/ makes sure that example is actually in
the testsuite to prevent a repeat.

The public repo of filter-repo is at

https://github.com/newren/git-filter-repo

The tarballs can be found at:

https://github.com/newren/git-filter-repo/releases

git-filter-repo can also be installed via a variety of package managers
across Windows, Mac OS, or Linux (and maybe others)[1].

[1] https://github.com/newren/git-filter-repo/blob/master/INSTALL.md

git-filter-repo 2.27.1 Release Notes
====================================

(Note: Additional information is available for many release notes at
https://github.com/newren/git-filter-repo/issues/<NUMBER>)

* Fixes:
* fix "extract subdirectory for merging into a monorepo" example (#110)
* add tests to make sure we don't break that example again
* avoid applying --replace-text to binary files

* Documentation:
* simplify manual installation using git's --man-path and --html-path (#107)
* make discovery of code formatting and linting examples easier (#99)
* many wording clarifications

* contrib scripts:
* avoid applying --replace-text to binary files in bfg-ish
* new simple barebones example
* default replacement text is now a variable to allow overriding

Changes since v2.27.0 are as follows:

Elijah Newren (13):
converting-from-bfg-repo-cleaner.md: add a small clarification
converting-from-filter-branch.md: add a small clarification
filter-repo: avoid applying --replace-text to binary files
filter-repo: make default replacement text a variable
contrib: new simple no-op-example
contrib, docs: make discovery of code formatting and linting easier
Contributing.md: add a small clarification about line coverage
contrib: avoid applying --replace-text to binary files in bfg-ish
git-filter-repo.txt: briefly explain steps for pushing to original url
Revert "filter-repo: fix ugly bug with mixing path filtering and renaming"
filter-repo: clarify interactions between path filtering and path renaming
git-filter-repo.txt: discourage use of random clone flags
INSTALL.md: simplify manual installation instructions

  Last update: 2020-06-23 18:17    [W:0.040 / U:0.352 seconds]