SubjectRe: Strange problem with SCTP+IPv6
On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 11:17:56AM -0500, Corey Minyard wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 01:17:28PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

Michael explained it on the other email. What he described is what I
observed in my tests.

> > OTOH the whole 'multi-homing' part of SCTP sucks.
>
> I don't think so.
>
> > The IP addresses a server needs to bind to depend on where the
> > incoming connection will come from.
> > A local connection may be able to use a 192.168.x.x address
> > but a remote connection must not - as it may be defined locally
> > at the remote system.
> > But both connections can come into the public (routable) address.
> > We have to tell customers to explicitly configure the local IP
> > addresses - which means the application has to know what they are.
> > Fortunately these apps are pretty static - usually M3UA.
>
> Umm, no, If you have a private address, it better be behind a firewall,
> and the firewall should handle rewriting the packet to fix the addresses.
>
> It doesn't appear that Linux netfilter does this. There is a TODO in
> the code for this. But that's how it *should* work.

Right, we don't support SCTP aware NAT [1].

1.https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-stewart-behave-sctpnat-04

Marcelo

> -corey
>

> > David
> >
> > -
> > Registered Address Lakeside, Bramley Road, Mount Farm, Milton Keynes, MK1 1PT, UK
> > Registration No: 1397386 (Wales)

  Last update: 2020-06-23 23:22    [W:0.101 / U:0.676 seconds]