SubjectRe: Strange problem with SCTP+IPv6
On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 08:01:24PM +0200, Michael Tuexen wrote:
> > On 22. Jun 2020, at 18:57, Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> wrote:

> >> The code only set IPV6_V6ONLY on server side, so the client side will
> >> still bind all the local ipv4 addresses (as you didn't call bind() to
> >> bind any specific addresses ). Then after the connection is created,
> >> the client will send HB on the v4 paths to the server. The server
> >> will abort the connection, as it can't support v4.
> >>
> >> So you can work around it by either:
> >>
> >> - set IPV6_V6ONLY on client side.
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> - bind to the specific v6 addresses on the client side.
> >>
> >> I don't see RFC said something about this.
> >> So it may not be a good idea to change the current behaviour
> >> to not establish the connection in this case, which may cause regression.
> >
> > Ok, I understand this. It's a little strange, but I see why it works
> > this way.
> I don't. I would expect it to work as I described in my email.
> Could someone explain me how and why it is behaving different from
> my expectation?

It looks like a bug to me. Testing with this test app here, I can see
the INIT_ACK being sent with a bunch of ipv4 addresses in it and
that's unexpected for a v6only socket. As is, it's the server saying
"I'm available at these other addresses too, but not."

Thanks,
Marcelo

> Best regards
> Michael
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > -corey

  Last update: 2020-06-22 20:34    [W:0.735 / U:0.300 seconds]