SubjectRe: Strange problem with SCTP+IPv6

> On 22. Jun 2020, at 14:01, Xin Long <lucien.xin@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sun, Jun 21, 2020 at 11:56 PM Corey Minyard <minyard@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> I've stumbled upon a strange problem with SCTP and IPv6. If I create an
>> sctp listening socket on :: and set the IPV6_V6ONLY socket option on it,
>> then I make a connection to it using ::1, the connection will drop after
>> 2.5 seconds with an ECONNRESET error.
>>
>> It only happens on SCTP, it doesn't have the issue if you connect to a
>> full IPv6 address instead of ::1, and it doesn't happen if you don't
>> set IPV6_V6ONLY. I have verified current end of tree kernel.org.
>> I tried on an ARM system and x86_64.
>>
>> I haven't dug into the kernel to see if I could find anything yet, but I
>> thought I would go ahead and report it. I am attaching a reproducer.
>> Basically, compile the following code:
> The code only set IPV6_V6ONLY on server side, so the client side will
> still bind all the local ipv4 addresses (as you didn't call bind() to
> bind any specific addresses ). Then after the connection is created,
Let's focus on the loopback addresses ::1 and 127.0.0.1.

So the server will only use ::1. The client will send an INIT from
::1 to ::1 and lists 127.0.0.1 and ::1. That is what I would expect.
Is that happening?

The server would respond with an INIT-ACK from ::1 to ::1 and would
not list any IP addresses. Especially not 127.0.0.1, since it is IPv6 only.

After the association has beed established, the client can't send
any IPv4 packet to the server, since the server did not announce
any. The server can't send any IPv4 packets since it is IPv6 only.

This is what I would expect and this scenario should just work.
What am I missing?

Best regards
Michael
> [...]
>> return 0;
>> }
>>
>> static int
>> waitread(int s)
>> {
>> char data[1];
>> ssize_t rv;
>>
>> rv = read(s, data, sizeof(data));
>> if (rv == -1) {
>> perror("read");
>> return -1;
>> }
>> printf("Read %d bytes\n", (int) rv);
>> return 0;
>> }
>>
>> static int
>> do_server(void)
>> {
>> int err, ls, s, optval;
>> struct addrinfo *ai;
>>
>> printf("Server\n");
>>
>> err = getaddr("::", "3023", true, &ai);
>> if (err)
>> return err;
>>
>> ls = socket(ai->ai_family, ai->ai_socktype, ai->ai_protocol);
>> if (ls == -1) {
>> perror("socket");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> optval = 1;
>> if (setsockopt(ls, SOL_SOCKET, SO_REUSEADDR,
>> (void *)&optval, sizeof(optval)) == -1) {
>> perror("setsockopt reuseaddr");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> /* Comment this out and it will work. */
>> if (setsockopt(ls, IPPROTO_IPV6, IPV6_V6ONLY, &optval,
>> sizeof(optval)) == -1) {
>> perror("setsockopt ipv6 only");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> err = bind(ls, ai->ai_addr, ai->ai_addrlen);
>> if (err == -1) {
>> perror("bind");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> err = listen(ls, 5);
>> if (err == -1) {
>> perror("listen");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> s = accept(ls, NULL, NULL);
>> if (s == -1) {
>> perror("accept");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> close(ls);
>>
>> err = waitread(s);
>> close(s);
>> return err;
>> }
>>
>> static int
>> do_client(void)
>> {
>> int err, s;
>> struct addrinfo *ai;
>>
>> printf("Client\n");
>>
>> err = getaddr("::1", "3023", false, &ai);
>> if (err)
>> return err;
>>
>> s = socket(ai->ai_family, ai->ai_socktype, ai->ai_protocol);
>> if (s == -1) {
>> perror("socket");
>> return -1;
>> }
>>
>> err = connect(s, ai->ai_addr, ai->ai_addrlen);

  Last update: 2020-06-22 14:42    [W:0.067 / U:0.208 seconds]