SubjectRe: [GIT PULL][Security] lockdown: Allow unprivileged users to see lockdown status
On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 7:15 PM James Morris <jmorris@namei.org> wrote:

> Just one update for the security subsystem: allows unprivileged users to
> see the status of the lockdown feature. From Jeremy Cline.

Hmm.

That branch seems to have sprouted another commit just today.

I ended up taking that too as trivial, but it shows how you seem to
basically send me a pointer to a live branch. Please don't do that.
When you make changes to that branch, I now get those changes that you
may not have meant to send me (and that I get upset for being
surprised by).

An easy solution to that is to send me a signed tag instead of a
pointer to a branch. Then you can continue to update the branch, while
the tag stays stable.

Plus we've been encouraging signed tags for pull requests anyway.

Linus

  Last update: 2020-06-03 02:41    [W:0.045 / U:0.080 seconds]