SubjectRe: linux-next: manual merge of the block tree with the rdma tree
On Wed, Jun 03, 2020 at 01:40:51AM +0300, Max Gurtovoy wrote:

> On 6/3/2020 12:37 AM, Jens Axboe wrote:

> Yes, I'll send it in 2 weeks.
>
> Actually I hoped the iSER patches for CQ pool will be sent in this series
> but eventually they were not.
>
> This way we could have taken only the iser part and the new API.
>
> I saw the pulled version too late since I wasn't CCed to it and it was
> already merged before I had a chance to warn you about possible conflict.
>
> I think in general we should try to add new RDMA APIs first with iSER/SRP
> and avoid conflicting trees.

If you are careful we can construct a shared branch and if Jens/etc is
willing he can pull the RDMA base code after RDMA merges the branch
and then apply the nvme parts. This is how things work with netdev

It is tricky and you have to plan for it during your submission step,
but we should be able to manage in most cases if this comes up more
often.

Jason

  Last update: 2020-06-03 01:32    [W:0.075 / U:1.016 seconds]