SubjectRe: KCSAN Support on ARM64 Kernel
On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 11:31, Marco Elver <elver@google.com> wrote:
> My plan was to send patches upstream within the month.
[...]
> On Mon, 14 Oct 2019 at 11:30, <sgrover@codeaurora.org> wrote:
[...]
> > When can we expect upstream of KCSAN on kernel mainline. Any timeline?
[...]
[...]
> > KCSAN does not yet have ARM64 support. Once it's upstream, I would expect that Mark's patches (from repo linked in LKML thread) will just cleanly apply to enable ARM64 support.

Just FYI, KCSAN is in mainline now. I believe porting it to other
architectures has also become much simpler due to its reworked
ONCE/atomic support relying on proper compiler instrumentation instead
of other tricks.

Thanks,
-- Marco

  Last update: 2020-06-15 14:30    [W:0.055 / U:0.068 seconds]