SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] flexible-array member conversion patches for 5.8-rc2
On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 1:34 PM Gustavo A. R. Silva
<gustavoars@kernel.org> wrote:

> flexible-array member conversion patches for 5.8-rc2

Gaah. I merged this, and even spent some time trying to make the merge
message look better, and then when I started looking at the end
result, I ended up unpulling it.

It's all been recently rebased, which I might be willing to ignore for
something like this, but all these one-liner patches then come with a
boiler-plate commit message that is something like 50 lines long and
is actively misleading as it talks about "this tree-wide patch" and
just repeats the generic issues that were presented (better) in the
merge message anyway.

The individual commit messages literally add nothing specific to that
commit AT ALL except for the very first line, which is also
boiler-plate but at least mentions the subsystem.

End result: when I do "git log" after having merged this, the result
is basically two *thousand* lines of repeated noise.

Some repetition is fine. But 2000 lines of repeated boiler-plate makes
me go "that's actively detrimental to any use of 'git log'" and I
undid my pull.

Linus

  Last update: 2020-06-16 01:08    [W:0.095 / U:0.156 seconds]