SubjectRE: hv_hypercall_pg page permissios
Date

Yes, 100% sure. I printed the value of hv_hypercall_pg and and it matched the
address in the warning line " x86/mm: Found insecure W+X mapping at address".

> AFAIU it shouldn't be W+X as we
> are allocating it with vmalloc_exec(). In other words, if you revert
> 78bb17f76edc, does the issue go away?
>
> Vitaly

Yes, the warning goes away if I revert
78bb17f76edc ("x86/hyperv: use vmalloc_exec for the hypercall page")
88dca4ca5a93 ("mm: remove the pgprot argument to __vmalloc")
(I have to revert the second as well with some manual adjustments, since
__vmalloc() has 2 parameters now.)

Thanks,
Dexuan

  Last update: 2020-06-15 19:43    [W:0.106 / U:0.484 seconds]