SubjectRe: [Cocci] coccinelle issues
On 6/14/20 12:39 AM, Julia Lawall wrote:

> On Sat, 13 Jun 2020, Randy Dunlap wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> OK, I've not used Coccinelle and now I am trying to use it.
>> It seems that I am having a few issues.
>> The primary one is when I run spatch (via 'make coccicheck' in
>> the kernel source tree), it tells me:
>>
>> Python error: No module named coccilib.elems
>>
>> I do see "elems.py" in /usr/local/lib64/coccinelle/python/coccilib.
>>
>> I am using coccinelle-master downloaded from github on
>> Friday June 12, 2020.
>>

>> I have also made the following notes while building/installing it.
>>

>> Note1: The latest coccinelle tarball is not actually available
>> at the coccinelle home page although the kernel documentation says it is.
>
> Yes, I'm aware of this problem. We're not able to update the home page at
> the moment. This problem is being worked on.
>

>> Note2: https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/master/install.txt
>> says that 'spatch' is a script, but it seems to be a binary executable
>> file.
>
> Actually, it is a script, and the fact that you say it is a binary may be
> the reason for your python problem. Normally there is a script
> (scripts/spatch) that make install puts in place that refers back to where
> your Coccinelle is installed.

Yes, I saw scripts/spatch, but that script is not what is installed in
/usr/local/bin.
(see more below)

>> Note3: https://github.com/coccinelle/coccinelle/blob/master/install.txt
>> probably should say to use 'sudo make install' instead of just
>> 'make install', just like 'coccinelle.rst' file in the kernel tree says.
>
> OK. A lot of documentation for a lot of projects seems to omit the sudo,
> but I have indeed never understood why.
>
> Maybe try again with make distclean, ./autogen, ./configure, sudo make
> install?

OK, I did all of those.

Is this expected?

$ ./autogen
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory
cat: VERSION: No such file or directory

spatch is installed in /usr/local/bin/spatch:

$ ll /usr/local/bin/spatch
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 15547736 Jun 14 07:32 /usr/local/bin/spatch*

$ file /usr/local/bin/spatch
/usr/local/bin/spatch: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked, interpreter /lib64/l, BuildID[sha1]=2b658c12a1a49deae24010b71d22d262988ce041, for GNU/Linux 3.2.0, with debug_info, not stripped

I still get this runtime error:

Python error: No module named coccilib.elems

--
~Randy

  Last update: 2020-06-14 16:40    [W:0.034 / U:1.100 seconds]