SubjectRe: USB networking news, ofono for d4: less hacked version
On Wed 2020-05-06 07:43:38, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Pavel Machek <pavel@ucw.cz> [200506 10:12]:
> > Hi!
> >
> > So... I found out that USB networking works way better when I don't
> > attempt to charge the phone at the same. Yes, green light was
> > blinking.
>
> OK yes we don't have much of a charger detection currently and the
> charger tries to reconnect with the LED blinking rapidly with an
> empty battery.

Do you have an idea why that causes problems with usb data connection?

I created a script to disable charging -- and that works. I also found
out cable about 5cm long. Not nice to use, but works significantly
better w.r.t. charging.

As I said, still ton of work to do :-(.

> I still need to figure update audio notifications for the current set of
> gsmmux patches. Eventually maybe ofono can just set the voice call audio
> routing using alsa. But let's get the kernel notifications working first
> as we also need to fix up the audio parts for the earlier comments from
> Peter and Sebastian.

Ofono does not normally touch ALSA, so I'd prefer not to do it from
there.

But I might be confused. I recall some audio patches were needed for
basic phone calls (setting up mixers to connect gsm<->audio), but
those worked before gsmux support was enabled. (Maybe some hardcoded
commands were needed to be sent to gsmmux somewhere).

I assume neither gsmmux audio parts nor mixer parts are available in
-next at the moment?

Best regards,
Pavel

  Last update: 2020-05-07 01:06    [W:0.075 / U:0.080 seconds]