SubjectRe: [v3] nfp: abm: Fix incomplete release of system resources in nfp_abm_vnic_set_mac()
> What do you think about changing:
> "But when nfp_nsp_has_hwinfo_lookup fail, the pointer is not released,.."

> or
> "But when nfp_nsp_has_hwinfo_lookup fail,

I became curious about a related wording variant.

But when a call of the function “…” failed,

> NSP resource is not cleaned up and unlocked."

I find such information also nicer. (The abbreviation “NSP” might need
another bit of clarification.)

I imagine there might be interests (eventually related to computer science)
to measure the corresponding object sizes because of a missed function call
and offer a more precise information in the commit message
(depending on the willingness to invest efforts in such a data determination).

Will such considerations become relevant for any subsequent
software development approaches?

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2020-05-05 22:18    [W:0.075 / U:0.044 seconds]