SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Reiser5: Data Tiering. Burst Buffers. Speedup synchronous modifications
Hi!

> For example, you can use proxy device to store hot data only. With
> such strategy new logical blocks (which are always "cold") will always
> go to the main storage (in contrast with Burst Buffers, where new
> logical blocks first get written to the proxy disk). Once in a while
> you need to scan your volume in order to push colder data out, and
> pull hotter data in the proxy disk. Reiser5 contains a common
> interface for this. It is possible to maintain per-file, or even per-
> blocks-extent "temperature" of data (e.g. as a generation counter),

Would it be possible to offer userland interface for this? I can
probably say that mp3/video files should be cold, while some source
files should be hot, etc...

Best regards,
Pavel

  Last update: 2020-05-30 12:15    [W:0.274 / U:0.040 seconds]