SubjectRe: WARNING: suspicious RCU usage in idtentry_exit
On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:48 PM Paul E. McKenney <paulmck@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 10:19:02PM +0200, Thomas Gleixner wrote:
> > Paul,

> > > No argument on the "Weird" part! ;-)
> > >
> > > Is this a NO_HZ_FULL=y kernel?
> >
> > No, it has only NO_HZ_IDLE.
> >
> > https://syzkaller.appspot.com/x/.config?x=47b0740d89299c10
>
> OK, from the .config, another suggestion is to build the kernel
> with CONFIG_RCU_EQS_DEBUG=y. This still requires that this issue be
> reproduced, but it might catch the problem earlier.

How much does it slow down execution? If we enable it on syzbot, it
will affect all fuzzing done by syzbot always.
It can tolerate significant slowdown and it's far from a production
kernel (it enables KASAN, KCOV, LOCKDEP and more). But I am still
asking because some debugging features are built without performance
in mind at all (like let's just drop a global lock in every
kmalloc/free, which may be too much even for a standard debug build).