SubjectRe: [RFC RESEND 0/3] Introduce cpufreq minimum load QoS
On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 4:54 PM Benjamin GAIGNARD
<benjamin.gaignard@st.com> wrote:

> On 5/27/20 2:48 PM, Benjamin GAIGNARD wrote:
> >

> > On 5/27/20 2:22 PM, Vincent Guittot wrote:

> >> IMHO, the only way to ensure a min frequency for anything else than a
> >> thread is to use freq_qos_add_request() just like cpufreq cooling
> >> device but for the opposite QoS. This can be applied only on the
> >> frequency domain of the CPU which handles the interrupt.
> > I will give a try with this idea.
> > Thanks.
>
> Adding freq_qos_add_request(FREQ_QOS_MIN) when starting streaming frames
> solve my problem. I remove the request at the end of the streaming to
> restore
> the default value.

You may as well add the request once at the init time with the request
value set to PM_QOS_MIN_FREQUENCY_DEFAULT_VALUE initially and update
it as needed going forward.

  Last update: 2020-05-27 17:05    [W:0.036 / U:0.052 seconds]