SubjectRe: [RFC RESEND 0/3] Introduce cpufreq minimum load QoS
Date

On 5/27/20 2:48 PM, Benjamin GAIGNARD wrote:

> On 5/27/20 2:22 PM, Vincent Guittot wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 13:17, Benjamin GAIGNARD
>> <benjamin.gaignard@st.com> wrote:

>>> That doesn't work because almost everything is done by the hardware
>>> blocks
>>> without charge the CPU so the thread isn't running. I have done the
>>> tests with schedutil
>>> and ondemand scheduler (which is the one I'm targeting). I have no
>>> issues when using
>>> performance scheduler because it always keep the highest frequencies.
>> IMHO, the only way to ensure a min frequency for anything else than a
>> thread is to use freq_qos_add_request() just like cpufreq cooling
>> device but for the opposite QoS. This can be applied only on the
>> frequency domain of the CPU which handles the interrupt.
> I will give a try with this idea.
> Thanks.

Adding freq_qos_add_request(FREQ_QOS_MIN) when starting streaming frames
solve my problem. I remove the request at the end of the streaming to
restore
the default value.

Benjamin

>> Have you also checked the wakeup latency of your idle state ?
> It just could go in WFI so latency should be minimal.

  Last update: 2020-05-27 16:54    [W:1.246 / U:0.020 seconds]