SubjectRe: [v2] workqueue: Fix double kfree for rescuer
Thanks for your advice.
The rescuer null pointer is intentionally passed by a data structure?
and also I read the code of workqueue again, when destroy_workqueue is
called, after "wq->rescuer = NULL" was executed, The scenario described
below does not happen

"if non-null pointers (according to valid rescuer objects) are
occasionally passed by the corresponding data structure member
for the callback function "rcu_free_wq"."

On 5/25/20 6:40 PM, Markus Elfring wrote:
>> I see, kfree does nothing with null pointers and direct return.
>> but again kfree is not a good suggestion.
>
> I have got the impression that the implementation detail is important here
> if non-null pointers (according to valid rescuer objects) are occasionally
> passed by the corresponding data structure member for the callback
> function “rcu_free_wq”.
> Can another clarification attempt reduce unwanted confusion for this patch review?
>
> Regards,
> Markus

  Last update: 2020-05-26 04:07    [W:0.111 / U:0.220 seconds]