SubjectRe: [2/2] crypto: virtio: Fix use-after-free in virtio_crypto_skcipher_finalize_req()
> Could you help me to make the sentence better?

How do you think about a wording variant like the following?

So the system will crash when this memory will be used again.

>> * You proposed to move a call of the function “crypto_finalize_skcipher_request”.
>> How does this change fit to the mentioned position?
>>
> The resources which need to be freed is not used anymore, but the pointers
> of these resources may be changed in the function
> "crypto_finalize_skcipher_request", so free these resources before call the
> function is suitable.

Another alternative:
The resources which need to be cleaned up are not used any more.
But the pointers of these resources may be changed in the
function “crypto_finalize_skcipher_request”.
Thus release specific resources before calling this function.

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2020-05-25 09:37    [W:0.049 / U:0.320 seconds]