SubjectRe: [RFC] dt-bindings: mailbox: add doorbell support to ARM MHU
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 2:42 AM Viresh Kumar <viresh.kumar@linaro.org> wrote:

> On 15-05-20, 11:46, Jassi Brar wrote:
> > As I asked you yesterday over the call, it may help if you could share
> > some numbers to back up the doomsday scenario.
>
> Yes, I have already asked Sudeep to get some numbers for this. He will
> get back to us.

Thanks, current bottleneck numbers and the patch/changes to improve
that, would help.

> > > - With the current approach it isn't possible to assign different bits
> > > (or doorbell numbers) to clients from DT and the only way of doing
> > > that without adding new bindings is by extending #mbox-cells to accept
> > > a value of 2 as done in this patch.
> > >
> > I am afraid you are confused. You can use bit/doorbell-6 by passing
> > 0x40 to mhu as the data to send.
>
> That's how the code will do it, right I agree. What I was asking was
> the way this information is passed from DT.

That is a client/protocol property and has nothing to do with the
controller dt node.

cheers!

  Last update: 2020-05-19 02:55    [W:0.099 / U:0.372 seconds]