SubjectRe: scsi: aic7xxx: Remove null pointer checks before kfree()
> The thing is that this seems like an obvious improvement

Such a view can be promising.

> (albeit not a terribly critical one).

The prioritisation influences change integration considerably.

> It reduces SLoC and removes an unnecessary check.

I hope that such goals will be reconsidered also for this software module.

> AFAICS the patch you mention wasn't rejected on technical grounds,
> but simply wasn't picked up.

The usual factors were involved for free software development.

> If there is a reason why this change isn't warranted
> then I'd like to know why so I can send better patches in future :-)

I hope that also your change interests can increase chances for
software evolution in desired directions.
With which delays will specific improvements be achieved?

Regards,
Markus

  Last update: 2020-04-09 16:27    [W:0.052 / U:0.048 seconds]