SubjectRe: [GIT PULL]: dmaengine updates for v5.7-rc1
On 02-04-20, 16:28, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 2, 2020 at 4:25 AM Vinod Koul <vkoul@kernel.org> wrote:
> >
> > Here are the changes for this cycle. SFR has told me that you might see
> > a merge conflict, but I am sure you would be okay with it :)
>
> It looked trivial enough. That said, it's in the TI_K3_UDMA driver,
> which I can't build. The driver is marked as COMPILE_TEST, but it also
> has
>
> depends on TI_SCI_PROTOCOL
> depends on TI_SCI_INTA_IRQCHIP
>
> which means that it depends on TI_MESSAGE_MANAGER, which in turn has a
>
> depends on ARCH_KEYSTONE || ARCH_K3
>
> so it may be *marked* for build testing, but it doesn't actually get
> any outside of those builds.
>
> So I did the resolution that looked trivial, but mistakes happen, and
> I can't even build-test that driver..
>
> Just a heads-up. It does look like it was _meant_ to be build-tested,
> but that intent didn't work out.
>
> Adding a COMPILE_TEST option to TI_MESSAGE_MANAGER gets things a bit
> further, but even then it doesn't actually build that driver because
> that TI_SCI_INTA_IRQCHIP dependency needs to be enabled too.
>
> And that one doesn't even have a question, it's just a plain bool, and
> expects to be selected. Which the arm64 platform does.
>
> Anyway, to make a long story short: "the COMPILE_TEST marker is a lie".

Well I do agree to your analysis and would request Peter to fix this.

> So somebody should actually test my merge.

Said that, I have aarch64 tool chain and was able to conclude that merge
looks just fine. I have compile tested the ti-udma driver as well whole
of the subsystem

Thanks
--
~Vinod

  Last update: 2020-04-03 09:40    [W:0.066 / U:0.736 seconds]