SubjectRe: [RFC] WRITE_ONCE_INC() and friends
On Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 12:57:15AM +0200, Marco Elver wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Apr 2020, Paul E. McKenney wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 09:37:10PM +0000, David Laight wrote:

I stand corrected, then, thank you!

In the current arrangement, declaring a variable volatile will cause
KCSAN to generate lots of false positives.

I don't currently have a strong feeling on changing the current situation
with respect to volatile variables. Is there a strong reason to change?
The general view of the community, as you say, has been that you don't use
the volatile keyword outside of exceptions such as jiffies, atomic_read(),
atomic_set(), READ_ONCE(), WRITE_ONCE() and perhaps a few others.

Thoughts?

Thanx, Paul

  Last update: 2020-04-21 01:13    [W:0.070 / U:0.256 seconds]