SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] HID for 5.7
On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 5:11 AM Jiri Kosina <jikos@kernel.org> wrote:

> Samuel Čavoj (1):
> HID: Add driver fixing Glorious PC Gaming Race mouse report descriptor

What a glorious name for a piece of hardware. Even if it's apparently
buggy and needs help to work right.

I felt bad saying I don't need that glorious driver when doing my oldconfig.

Anyway, because I noticed this due to the name, it does strike me that
clearly Windows must be ignoring - or otherwise reacting differently
to - the HID_MAIN_ITEM_CONSTANT flag. Because presumably those mice
work under Windows without special drivers?

In fact, reading that driver, it looks like they report being *both*
constant *and* variable in their report descriptors. Which sounds odd.
Maybe we should do whatever Windows does, and not need a special
driver for this maybe-bot-so-glorious-after-all mouse hardware?

Hmm?

Linus

  Last update: 2020-04-02 00:58    [W:0.092 / U:1.628 seconds]