SubjectRe: snd_hda_intel/sst-acpi sound breakage on suspend/resume since 5.6-rc1

On 3/30/20 6:39 AM, Mark Brown wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 01:10:34PM +0200, Cezary Rojewski wrote:
>> On 2020-03-30 12:23, Dominik Brodowski wrote:
>
>>> Seems this patch didn't make it into v5.6 (and neither did the other ones
>>> you sent relating to the "dummy" components). Can these patches therefore be
>>> marked for stable, please?
>
> I sent my pull request already sorry - once it hits Linus' tree I'd send
> a request to stable.
>
>> While one of the series was accepted and merged, there is a delay caused by
>> Google/ SOF folks in merging the second one.
>
>> Idk why rt286 aka "broadwell" machine board patch has not been merged yet.
>> It's not like we have to merge all (rt5650 + rt5650 + rt286) patches at
>> once. Google guys can keep verifying Buddy or whatnot while guys with Dell
>> XPS can enjoy smooth audio experience.
>
> My scripting is set up to merge things sent to me as a patch series and
> we didn't get positive review from Pierre on any of it with the review
> on that one patch seeming to suggest it might also be waiting go go
> through a test farm. TBH I also wasn't expecting it to take quite so
> long to get reviewed when it came in, it's been over 2 weeks now...

There are multiple problems with Broadwell and device-specific issues on
suspend-resume - in which Cezary is involved. The tests are not
automated so depend on people availability.

I tested this series last Friday and I didn't find any new problem on my
side, so we should probably merge this series.

Everyone should be aware though that suspend-resume is far from stable
on Broadwell, and if it works on Dell XPS 13 it doesn't work reliably on
Chrome devices.

  Last update: 2020-03-30 17:38    [W:0.081 / U:0.204 seconds]