SubjectRe: [perf] 64a7f64478: perf-event-tests.check_reset_mpx.failed
Date
Thanks for the report.

> On Mar 18, 2020, at 5:49 AM, kernel test robot <rong.a.chen@intel.com> wrote:

[...]

> If you fix the issue, kindly add following tag
> Reported-by: kernel test robot <rong.a.chen@intel.com>
>

> * Checking for corner-cases in the ABI (not necessarily bugs)
> + tests/corner_cases/multiple_active
> Testing multiple simultaneous measurements... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/max_num_events
> Testing max events that can be created... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/max_multiplex
> Testing limit of multiplexing... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/reset_leader
> Testing reset on group leader... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/check_reset_mpx
> Testing if reset clears multiplex fields... FAILED

This is an easy fix.

> + tests/corner_cases/huge_events_start
> Testing start of max events... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/huge_group_start
> Testing start of max event group... PASSED
> + tests/corner_cases/signal_after_close
> Testing signal after close... PASSED
>
> * Checking for fast RDPMC support
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_support
> Testing if userspace rdpmc reads are supported... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_validation
> Testing if userspace rdpmc reads give expected results... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_multiplexing
> Testing if userspace rdpmc multiplexing works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_reset
> Testing if resetting while using rdpmc works... FAILED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_group
> Testing if rdpmc works with event groups... FAILED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_attach
> Testing if rdpmc attach works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_attach_cpu
> Testing if rdpmc behavior on attach CPU... FAILED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_attach_global_cpu
> Running on CPU 4
> Testing if rdpmc behavior on attach all procs on other CPU... FAILED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_attach_other_cpu
> Testing if rdpmc behavior on attach other CPU... FAILED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_multiattach
> Testing if rdpmc multi-attach works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_multiattach_papi
> Testing if rdpmc papi-multi-attach works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_pthreads
> Testing if rdpmc with pthreads works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_pthreads_group
> Testing if rdpmc with pthreads works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_attach_multi_enable
> Testing if minimized rdpmc papi-multi-attach works... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_exec
> Testing if we can rdpmc in execed process... PASSED
> + tests/rdpmc/rdpmc_exec_papi
> Testing if we can rdpmc in execed process (PAPI) ... PASSED

The RDPMC break is trickier.

IIUC, there is a critical call of perf_event_update_userpage() from
x86_pmu_enable(), which is not easy to fix.

Peter, do you have suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Song

  Last update: 2020-03-27 00:14    [W:0.044 / U:0.400 seconds]