SubjectRe: drivers/char/random.c needs a (new) maintainer
Am Mittwoch, dem 23.12.2020 um 15:32 +0100 schrieb Jason A. Donenfeld:

> I would, however, be interested in a keccak-based construction. But
> just using the keccak permutation does not automatically make it
> "SHA-3", so we're back at the same issue again. FIPS is simply not
> interesting for our requirements.

Your requirements? Interesting approach.

Using non-assessed cryptography? Sounds dangerous to me even though it may be
based on some well-known construction.

I thought Linux in general and crypto in particular is about allowing user (or
the vendor) to decide about the used algorithm. So, let us have a mechanism
that gives them this freedom.

Thus the proposed idea sounds to me like a dangerous proposition upon which
almost all cryptography shall rest. This will surely invite even more
fragmentation.

Ciao
Stephan

PS: This entire discussion is NOT about the crypto side of the random numbers,
but about how get the entropy for the random numbers.

  Last update: 2020-12-23 16:27    [W:0.558 / U:0.044 seconds]