SubjectRe: [RFC] Documentation/scheduler/schedutil.txt
On Wed, Dec 02, 2020 at 04:45:31PM +0000, Mel Gorman wrote:

> > > It's less obvious what the consequence is unless the reader manages to
> > > tie the IO-wait comment in "Schedutil / DVFS" to this section.
> >
> > I'm not entirely sure I follow. The purpose of UTIL_EST is to avoid
> > ramp-up issues and isn't related to IO-wait boosting.
> >

> I mixed up the example. Historically io-wait boosting was one way of
> avoiding DVFS ramp-up issues but now that I reread it, it's best to leave
> it general like you already have in your current version.

So IO-wait boosting is an interesting case; as it captures something not
present in the rest of the model, namely interaction.

There's also that series of patches that does the cpu/gpu interaction
thing.

It would be worth expanding on it, but I didn't have it in me to dig
through the archives to get a coherent description of the current state
of things. Something left todo later...

  Last update: 2020-12-02 18:00    [W:0.045 / U:0.604 seconds]