SubjectRe: 5.10 regression, many XHCI swiotlb buffer is full / DMAR: Device bounce map failed errors on thunderbolt connected XHCI controller
Hi,

> On Mon, Nov 23, 2020 at 03:49:09PM +0100, Hans de Goede wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> +Cc Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>
>>
>> Christoph, this is still an issue, so I've been looking around a bit and think this
>> might have something to do with the dma-mapping-5.10 changes.
>>
>> Do you have any suggestions to debug this, or is it time to do a git bisect
>> on this before 5.10 ships with regression?
>
> Given that DMAR prefix this seems to be about using intel-iommu + bounce
> buffering for external devices. I can't really think of anything specific
> in 5.10 related to that, so maybe you'll need to bisect.
>
> I doub this means we are actually leaking swiotlb buffers, so while
> I'm pretty sure we broke something in lower layers this also means
> xhci doesn't handle swiotlb operation very gracefully in general.

Ok, I've re-arranged my schedule a bit so that I have time to bisect this
tomorrow, so with some luck I will be able to provide info on which commit
introduced this issue tomorrow around the end of the day.

Regards,

Hans

  Last update: 2020-11-24 11:32    [W:0.090 / U:0.644 seconds]