    Subject[RFC] Dept(Dependency Tracker) Implementation
    Hi,

    This patchset is too nasty to get reviewed in detail for now.

    This have:

    1. applying Dept to spinlock/mutex/rwlock/completion
    2. assigning custom keys or disable maps to avoid false positives

    This doesn't have yet (but will be done):

    1. proc interfaces e.g. to see dependecies the tool has built,
    2. applying Dept to rw semaphore and the like,
    3. applying Dept to lock_page()/unlock_page(),
    4. assigning custom keys to more places properly,
    5. replace all manual Lockdep annotations,
    (and so on..)

    But I decided to share it to let others able to test how it works and
    someone who wants to see the detail able to check the code. The most
    important thing I'd like to show is what exactly a deadlock detection
    tool should do.

    Turn on CONFIG_DEPT to test it. Feel free to leave any questions if you
    have.

    Thanks,
    Byungchul

      Last update: 2020-11-23 12:09    [W:2.586 / U:2.628 seconds]