SubjectRe: [git pull] drm next pull for 5.10-rc1

> Christ. It's been two weeks. I'm doing -rc4 today, and I still don't
> have the fix.
>
> The problem seems entirely obvious, as reported by Kirill: the nv50
> code unconditionally calls the "atomic_{dis,en}able()" functions, even
> when not everybody was converted.
>
> The fix seems to be to either just do the conversion of the remaining
> cases (which looks like just adding an argument to the remaining
> functions, and using that for the "atomic" callback), or the trivial
> suggestion by Kirill from two weeks ago:
>
> > I hacked up patch to use help->disable/help->enable if atomic_ versions
> > are NULL. It worked.
>
> Kirill, since the nouveau people aren't fixing this, can you just send
> me your tested patch?
>
> Lyude/Ben - let me just say that I think this is all a huge disgrace.
>
> You had a problem report with a bisected commit, a suggested fix, and
> two weeks later there's absolutely _nothing_.

I would like to say when you sent this, there was patches on the
mailing lists with Kirill cc'ed, a pull request outstanding to me on
the mailing list from Ben, with the patches reviewed in it.

Maybe you weren't cc'ed on it, but stuff has certainly happened, in
the timeframe, and I was keeping track of it from falling down a hole.

_nothing_ is a lot more a reflection on your research than the ongoing
process, there was some delays here and maybe we need to communicate
when we are flat out dealing with other more urgent tasks that pay the
actual wages.

Dave.

  Last update: 2020-11-16 20:27    [W:0.124 / U:0.008 seconds]