SubjectRe: WARNING: can't access registers at asm_common_interrupt
On 11/11/2020 20:15, Josh Poimboeuf wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 09:07:30PM +0100, Peter Zijlstra wrote:

>>> I was going to suggest something similar. Though I would try to take it
>>> further and replace paravirt_patch_default() with static calls.
>> Possible, we just need to be _really_ careful to not allow changing
>> those static_call()s. So maybe we need DEFINE_STATIC_CALL_RO() which
>> does a __ro_after_init on the whole thing.
> But what if you want to live migrate to another hypervisor ;-)

The same as what happens currently.  The user gets to keep all the
resulting pieces ;)

>>> Either way it doesn't make objtool's job much easier. But it would be
>>> nice to consolidate runtime patching mechanisms and get rid of
>>> .parainstructions.
>> I think the above (combining alternative and paravirt/static_call) does
>> make objtool's job easier, since then we at least have the actual
>> alternative instructions available to inspect, or am I mis-understanding
>> things?
> Right, it makes objtool's job a _little_ easier, since it already knows
> how to read alternatives. But it still has to learn to deal with the
> conflicting stack layouts.

I suppose the needed abstraction is "these blocks will start and end
with the same stack layout", while allowing the internals to diverge.

~Andrew

  Last update: 2020-11-11 21:26    [W:0.130 / U:0.236 seconds]