SubjectRE: How to enable auto-suspend by default
Date
> class
> set
> don't
> > >
> > > That's what the "hardware ids" database is supposed to be handling.
> > > It's easier to manage this in userspace than in the kernel.
> > >
> > > I just love systems where people feel it is safer to update the kernel
> > > than it is to update a hardware database file :)

> present
> > > module.
> > >
> > > That's an Intel PCI device id. If someone else is abusing that number,
> > > I'm sure Intel would want to know about it and would be glad to go after
> > > them.
> >
> > Sorry I wasn't intending to insinuate an abuse of the number, but rather
> that
> > the PCI device in the "Volteer" product and that in XPS 9310 appear are the
> > same so they are possibly using the same hardware for this device.
>
> Ok, but again, given that the device might be on different transports,
> the ability for the device to properly autosuspend might be different,
> right?

I would think since it's provided by the PCH unlikely to be different transports.
I'm not sure though, Matthias might need to confirm.

On my side if I don't put that device into autosuspend the power consumption
goes up.

  Last update: 2020-11-10 19:09    [W:0.545 / U:0.044 seconds]