SubjectRe: [RFC net-next v3 06/10] net: bridge: mrp: switchdev: Extend switchdev API to offload MRP
Date
[sending again to vger.kernel.org, because previous was rejected]

On 1/27/20 12:04 PM, Allan W. Nielsen wrote:
> [...]

Andrew, I am a bit confused here - maybe I missed an email-thread, I'm sorry then.

In previous emails you and others talked about hardware support to send packets (inside the switch). But somebody also talked about data-plane and control-plane (about STP in-kernel being a bad idea), and that data-plane is in-kernel, and control plane is a mrp-daemon (in user space).
And in my mind, the "hardware" you mention is a frame-injector and can be both real hardware and a driver in the kernel.

Do I see it right?

> I agree, we need to find a solution to this issue.

  Last update: 2020-01-28 10:51    [W:0.096 / U:0.356 seconds]