SubjectRe: [External] Re: staging: Add MA USB Host driver
A: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post
Q: Were do I find info about this thing called top-posting?
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?
A: Top-posting.

A: No.

http://daringfireball.net/2007/07/on_top

On Wed, Jan 22, 2020 at 08:16:09AM +0000, Vladimir Stankovic wrote:
> Hi Greg,
>
> It was section 2.5 of the kernel development process, "staging trees".
> In particular, statement "where many sub-directories for drivers or
> filesystems that are on their way to being added to the kernel tree
> live" caught our attention.
>
> Now, by reading it once again, I see that the rest of the section is in
> line with your comment.
>
> We'll address all comments received so far, and resubmit patch onto
> appropriate repository. With that being said, is USB subsystem tree
> (drivers/usb within usb.git repo) correct one? Please, advise.

If this is a USB host driver, then yes, drivers/usb/host/ would be the
correct location for this.

Note, at first glance, there is a bunch of work to do on this to get it
into "real" mergable shape. Be sure to at the very least get it
'checkpatch.pl clean' before submitting it, that will help out a lot, if
it is not already done.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2020-01-22 09:50    [W:0.061 / U:1.004 seconds]