SubjectRe: net/dst_cache.c: preemption bug in net/dst_cache.c
On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 3:58 PM Bharath Vedartham <linux.bhar@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I just want to bring attention to the syzbot bug [1]
>
> Even though syzbot claims the bug to be in net/tipc, I feel it is in
> net/dst_cache.c. Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> This bug is being triggered a lot of times by syzbot since the day it
> was reported. Also given that this is core networking code, I felt it
> was important to bring this to attention.
>
> It looks like preemption needs to be disabled before using this_cpu_ptr
> or maybe we would be better of using a get_cpu_var and put_cpu_var combo
> here.
b->media->send_msg (tipc_udp_send_msg)
-> tipc_udp_xmit() -> dst_cache_get()

send_msg() is always called under the protection of rcu_read_lock(), which
already disabled preemption. If not, there must be some unbalanced calls of
disable/enable preemption elsewhere.

Agree that this could be a serious issue, do you have any reproducer for this?

Thanks.

> [1] https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=dc6352b92862eb79373fe03fdf9af5928753e057
>
> Thank you
> Bharath

  Last update: 2019-09-09 11:49    [W:0.062 / U:0.096 seconds]