SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Kselftest update for Linux 5.4-rc1
On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 9:51 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 20, 2019 at 9:35 AM Brendan Higgins
> <brendanhiggins@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > Sorry about that. I am surprised that none of the other reviewers
> > brought this up.
>
> I think I'm "special".

Heh.

> There was some other similar change a few years ago, which I
> absolutely hated because of how it broke autocomplete for me. Very few
> other people seemed to react to it.

Well, it's good to know I'm not the first. :-)

> Part of it may be that the kernel is almost the _only_ project I work
> with, so unlike a lot of other developers, I end up having muscle
> memory for kernel-specific issues.
>
> Auto-completion was also one of the (many) reasons why I hated CVS -
> having that annoying "CVS" directory there just always annoyed me.
> There's a reason why git uses a dot-file.

Yuck. I have never used CVS myself, but the dot-file approach seems
much more natural to me. Then again, I have been using git pretty much
since I first started programming, so it's hard to say that I am not
biased.

> So I just have issues that perhaps other people don't react to as
> much. And aggressive tab-completion happens to be a thing for me.

Fair enough. On that note, are you okay with the `include/kunit/`
directory, or do you want me to move it to `include/linux/kunit`?

  Last update: 2019-09-20 20:04    [W:2.013 / U:0.096 seconds]