SubjectRe: Regression in 5.1.20: Reading long directory fails

> On Sep 11, 2019, at 1:50 PM, Benjamin Coddington <bcodding@redhat.com> wrote:

>>> The size of the page content is variable.
>>>
>>> The only way the MIC will fall into the tail is if the page content is
>>> exactly the largest expected size. When the page content is smaller than
>>> that, the receive logic will place part or all of the MIC in ->pages.
>>
>> Ok, right. But what I meant is that xdr_buf_read_netobj() should be renamed
>> and repurposed to be "move the mic from wherever it is to the end of
>> xdr_buf's tail".
>>
>> But now I see what you mean, and I also see that it is already trying to do
>> that.. and we don't want to overlap the copy..
>>
>> So, really, we need the tail to be larger than twice the mic.. less 1. That
>> means the fix is probably just increasing rslack for krb5i.
>
> .. or we can keep the tighter tail space, and if we detect the mic straddles
> the page and tail, we can move the mic into the tail with 2 copies, first
> move the bit in the tail back, then move the bit in the pages.
>
> Which is preferred, less allocation, or in the rare case this occurs, doing
> copy twice?

It sounds like the bug is that the current code does not deal correctly
when the MIC crosses the boundary between ->pages and ->tail? I'd like
to see that addressed rather than changing rslack.

--
Chuck Lever

  Last update: 2019-09-11 19:57    [W:1.374 / U:0.404 seconds]