SubjectRe: a bug in genksysms/CONFIG_MODVERSIONS w/ __attribute__((foo))?
On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 04:34:15PM +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Tue, 2019-08-27 at 22:42 +1000, Nicholas Piggin wrote:
> > Masahiro Yamada's on August 27, 2019 8:49 pm:
> > > Hi.

> > > modversions is ugly, so it would be great if we could dump it.

> Debian doesn't currently have any other way of detecting ABI changes
> (other than eyeballing diffs).
>
> I know there have been proposals of using libabigail for this instead,
> but I'm not sure how far those progressed.

Google has started using libabigail to track api changes in AOSP, here's
a patch that updates the ABI file after changing it:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/c/kernel/common/+/1108662

Note, there are issues with it, and some rough edges, but I think it can
work.

But, it means nothing at module load time, this is only at build-check
time. At least modversions would prevent module loading in some cases.

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2019-08-27 19:10    [W:0.052 / U:1.320 seconds]