SubjectRe: lift the xfs writepage code into iomap v3
On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:50:12AM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this series cleans up the xfs writepage code and then lifts it to
> fs/iomap.c so that it could be use by other file system. I've been
> wanting to this for a while so that I could eventually convert gfs2
> over to it, but I never got to it. Now Damien has a new zonefs
> file system for semi-raw access to zoned block devices that would
> like to use the iomap code instead of reinventing it, so I finally
> had to do the work.

I've posted a branch against -rc2 for us all to work from:

https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfs-linux.git/log/?h=iomap-writeback

and will be emailing the patches shortly to the list for completeness.

--D

> Changes since v2:
> - rebased to v5.3-rc1
> - folded in a few changes from the gfs2 enablement series
>
> Changes since v1:
> - rebased to the latest xfs for-next tree
> - keep the preallocated transactions for size updates
> - rename list_pop to list_pop_entry and related cleanups
> - better document the nofs context handling
> - document that the iomap tracepoints are not a stable API

  Last update: 2019-07-30 03:18    [W:2.965 / U:0.008 seconds]