SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] meminit fix for v5.3-rc2
On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 12:21 PM Kees Cook <keescook@chromium.org> wrote:

> Please pull this meminit fix for v5.3-rc2.

Side noe: I find "meminit" a confusing description for the structleak
thing. When I hear it, it sounds like some generic memory
initialization thing in the VM layer (which we obviously do also
have), not the stack variable initialization.

Also, have you guys talked to gcc people about just making it a real
feature, like I think it is for clang? In particular, I still suspect
that we could/should just make zero-filling the *default* in the long
run, and say "our C standard is that local variables are initialized
to zero, exactly the same way static variables are".

I know you posted some numbers somewhere (well, I'm pretty sure you
did) and the full stack initialization really was pretty cheap,
wasn't it?

Linus

  Last update: 2019-07-28 21:44    [W:0.102 / U:0.044 seconds]