SubjectRe: [RFC][Patch v9 2/6] KVM: Enables the kernel to isolate guest free pages
On Thu, Mar 07, 2019 at 02:35:53PM -0800, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> The only other thing I still want to try and see if I can do is to add
> a jiffies value to the page private data in the case of the buddy
> pages.

Actually there's one extra thing I think we should do, and that is make
sure we do not leave less than X% off the free memory at a time.
This way chances of triggering an OOM are lower.

> With that we could track the age of the page so it becomes
> easier to only target pages that are truly going cold rather than
> trying to grab pages that were added to the freelist recently.

I like that but I have a vague memory of discussing this with Rik van
Riel and him saying it's actually better to take away recently used
ones. Can't see why would that be but maybe I remember wrong. Rik - am I
just confused?

--
MST

  Last update: 2019-03-08 03:33    [W:0.184 / U:0.220 seconds]