SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] Driver core patches for 5.1-rc1
On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 12:48 AM Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 2:33 AM Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> I wonder why this wasn't seen in linux-next? Yes, the connection is
> odd, and maybe it's very compiler version dependent, but I do hope
> people react to new warnings. The kernel is entirely warning-free for
> me for an x86-64 allmodconfig build, and I want to keep it that way.

I saw it in linux-next and sent a patch the other day, similar to yours,
but with a less verbose changelog:
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/10838499/

Overall, I had not done regular randconfig testing since the start of
the year, and found 62 regressions that had crept in during that
period. There was no significant uptick in -Wmaybe-uninitialized
warnings, this is the only one I saw, so I'd classify this as random
change in behavior due to inlining differences rather than a systematic
issue.
(there was a noticeable change in other warnings, particularly a stack
size increase from the new structleak plugin changes, fix is coming).

Arnd

  Last update: 2019-03-07 08:36    [W:0.107 / U:0.296 seconds]