SubjectRe: [RFC] Provide in-kernel headers for making it easy to extend the kernel
On 07.03.19 01:33, Daniel Colascione wrote:

> *There* *may* *be* *no* *filesystem*.

A Linux system w/o any filesystem at all ? Well, that's interesting.

> The only thing the kernel can really guarantee is its own> existence --- it should be entire in itself.

I vaguely recall some option for linking in an initrd ... does this
still exist ?

> If I'm hacking on an> Android kernel and say "fastboot boot mykernel" without making any>
changes to the device's boot filesystem, I should still be able to use>
tracing tools that rely on knowing the headers for the kernel with

Fix fastboot to support initrd or use a remote filesystem ?

I'm doing embedded development all the day, and one of the first things
I usually set up for a project is an fully automatic netboot (or at
least usb boot). Shouldn't be so hard, and is a more generic solution.

--mtx

--
Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
info@metux.net -- +49-151-27565287

  Last update: 2019-03-07 02:27    [W:0.089 / U:1.056 seconds]