SubjectRe: Bad file pattern in MAINTAINERS section 'KEYS-TRUSTED'
On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 09:59:40AM -0500, Denis Kenzior wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> On 03/26/2019 09:25 AM, James Bottomley wrote:
> > Looking at the contents of linux/keys/trusted.h, it looks like the
> > wrong decision to move it. The contents are way too improperly named
> > and duplicative to be in a standard header. It's mostly actually TPM
> > code including a redefinition of the tpm_buf structure, so it doesn't
> > even seem to be necessary for trusted keys.
> The reason this was done was because asym_tpm.c needed a bunch of the same
> functionality already provided by trusted.c, e.g. TSS_authmac and friends.
>

> > If you want to fix this as a bug, I'd move it back again, but long term
> > I think it should simply be combined with trusted.c because nothing
> > else can include it sanely anyway.
>
> Ideally I'd like to see the TPM subsystem expose these functions using some
> proper API / library abstraction. David Howells had an RFC patch set that
> tried to address some of this a while back. Not sure if that went anywhere.

I think it'd be best to expose tpm_buf API to outside and allow trusted
keys code to construct the TPM commands. It is a single consumer use
(e.g. not like PCR operations where it does make sense to consolidate
to the TPM subsystem).

/Jarkko

  Last update: 2019-03-27 05:59    [W:0.110 / U:0.060 seconds]