SubjectRe: DMCA takedown notice - Reply to Martin Schroeder
> Should your effort succeed then it is a problem with the law and not
> with the license.

"The law is wrong because it doesn't commit a taking regarding things
that were not transferred" is what this marxist is saying.

> A license that grants certain rights to a copy of a work provided that
> certain conditions outlined in the license are met should never be
> revocable from THAT particular copy of the work, unless the terms of
> the license itself are broken.

That is so: if you paid for those terms. If you paid nothing you get
nothing. The linux kernel contributors did not GIVE anything away, they
allowed USE of a thing THEY own. If they wanted to GIVE their property
away they could have done so by _TRANSFERRING_ it to a non profit such
as the FSF, or declaring it the domain of the public. They chose to do
neither.

> Having the possibility to arbitrarily revoke rights granted by a
> license for any other reason than conditions that the licensee was
> aware of when they accepted the license

There was no acceptance required. YOU are not allowed to use the owners
property WITHOUT his permission, YOU do not have the right to "accept or
reject" his dictats regarding his PROPERTY. You must OBEY the owner's
demands regarding HIS property. There is no contract, terms, negotiation
here.

YOU give nothing, YOU get nothing.

> would have tremendous negative consequences and disruptions to many
> areas of the society.

Society is "women and their (female) children". Why should men care for
their enemies and slave masters?

How is YOU not getting something for free harming "society"? It's how
society functions. You must pay Society (Women) your whole life for a
little taste, and then they send you to prison or the poorhouse once
they're done with you.

> If the law has a loophole

This is not a loop hole. It is a basic function of US contracting and
licensing law. Just because you don't like that a gratis non-exclusive
license that you have benefited under while also trying to use to
convert the Author's property whilst kicking him to the curb, is
revocable by that Author, doesn't mean there is some "loophole" here. It
works as designed: the Copyright owner is a property owner and can
decide how his property is to be used. If you want a
non-revocable-outside-the-terms license you must contract for one and
pay the author good consideration.

> like that then the best thing that we all can do is ensure that it
> doesn't have it anymore in the near future.

Who the FUCK is "WE"
WHO is "WE"

"WE" isn't me. And I damn sure am a Open Source progammer, music
producer, media creator, 3d modeler, game designer, etc.

And I am NOT "WE".

Maybe "WE" is faggot hangers-on like yourself? Who just take from the
"males" and then try to dispossess them of even their dignity while
converting their works?

On 2019-03-06 04:48, Martin Schroeder wrote:
> [...]
>> > libraries, or the -2 split screen function. My copyright covers the
>> > game code of GPC-Slots2. I (MikeeUSA) am the original author of the
>> > work and never signed over copyright to the work.)
>> > (Note: "obeying the terms" (obeying the copyright holders instructions
>> > regarding the use of his property) is not consideration: it is a
>> > preexisting legal duty: outside of the "terms" there is no right for
>> > the licensee to copy, modify, make derivative works, distribute,
>> > distribute derivative works)
>> >
>> > [Additionally "John Doe" registered a fraudulent account under my
>> > long-held non-de-gurre, adding a Code of Conduct ("CoC"), something I
>> > would never do (being opposed to "CoC" for gratis projects on
>> > principal)]
>> >
>> > I now have no choice but to issue a DMCA take-down request, to you,
>> > GitHub.
>> >
>> > Regrettably;
>> > --MikeeUSA--
>> > (electronic signature)
>> > Jan 29, 2019
>> >
>> > (Addendum: "John Doe" then uploaded the modified work to gitlab.com
>> > and bitbucket.org
>> >
>> > Contact information:
>> > email: mikeeusa@redchan.it
>> >
>> > infringing content: github.com/MikeeUSA/GPC-Slots-2
>> > gitlab.com/MikeeUSA/GPC-Slots-2
>> > bitbucket.org/MikeeUSA/gpc-slots-2
>> > The material is not authorized by me, the copyright owner of the
>> > GPC-Slots2 game code, as I explicitly rescinded the license from the
>> > "John Doe", and he acknowledged that I had informed him of such and
>> > communicated that he would defy my will regarding my property and
>> > copyright.
>> > Everything stated within this above communication is accurate to the
>> > best of my knowledge and ability.
>> >
>> > Some notices to you, github (and now gitlab and bitbucket):
>> > 1) Yes I viewed your page at:
>> > https://help.github.com/articles/guide-to-submitting-a-dmca-takedown-notice/
>> > 2) Yes this is "opensource" code.
>> > 3) No that does not matter:
>> > The GPL(any version), being a bare license, is revocable
>> > ("retroactively").
>> > Just as any bare license, not supported by an interest, in the US.
>> > The "John Doe" is not in privity of contract with me and has paid me
>> > no consideration.
>> > He cannot "bind" me (the grantor) to the terms.
>> > It is his duty to abide by my instructions regarding my property.
>> > I did not transfer my property away, the license is just that: a
>> > license (temporary permission, that can be rescinded unless a "term"
>> > was indeed "purchased")
>> > It is also his duty to cease all use, modification, distribution of my
>> > property at my demand.
>> > I have made such a demand.
>> > 4) Yes I will consider taking legal action against you if you do not
>> > heed my request.
>> > Cite the paralegal from groklaw, ZDnet, the FSF, and the SFConservancy
>> > all you want.
>> > They are wrong on the law and have been wrong for 10 years.

  Last update: 2019-03-22 00:21    [W:0.049 / U:1.364 seconds]