SubjectRe: [GIT PULL RESEND] pidfd changes for v5.1-rc1
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 05:00:57AM +0000, Jonathon Kowalski wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the work on this system call! I am interested in making use of it
> in my process supervisor. It works pretty well and avoids the long-standing
> issue of PID reuse.

Thanks! The systemd folks have been quite excited about this too.

> One thing that instantly came to mind is to be able to delegate killing to
> some third process depending on the confguration. However, I don't see that
> permissions are attached to the open file description, but seemed to be
> checked when calling pidfd_send_signal as they are with kill(2). Is there

It came up during the discussion. We all preferred to have something
simple and not introduce a new permission model.

There's nothing necessarily blocking us from doing this in the future
though. It's not off the table but out of scope for now.

Thanks!
Christian

  Last update: 2019-03-13 10:10    [W:0.051 / U:0.092 seconds]