SubjectRe: Droid 4 modem support in kernel & ofono
Hi!

> > Ok, so I got calls and smses somehow working in kernel&ofono ... which
> > is really all I need.
>
> Nice :)
>
> I think the SIM card reading and writing should be doable
> using dlci10 /dev/motmdm10 for AT+CRSM calls..

Might be. Sorry, this is outside of my area of interest, because LTE
would not be on usable frequencies, anyway.

> > I pushed the tree to git@github.com:pavelmachek/ofono.git , branch
> > d4... But I had to do some "rather interesting" hacks. D4 modem
> > expects packets and current kernel drivers rely on write() boundaries
> > and flush(). .. which is a bit of problem for in ofonod, as it expects
> > to work with bytestream with no explicit packet boundaries.
> >
> > However D4 still uses normal AT commands, so... it would be good to be
> > able to use AT parsing framework in ofono.
> >
> > I believe easiest solution would be to automatically do the packet
> > splitting in kernel, it should be as easy as splitting on \r and
> > ^Z. (Currently packets are only generated when \r or ^Z is seen on
> > write boundary, but that does not work well for ofono).
>
> OK yeah it's worth trying. I hit that issue too with the
> flush needed for droid4-sms-tools scripts. And the traffic
> we're seeing is minimal and AFAIK there's no network port
> for ts27010. And SMS messages are PDU encoded anyways.
>
> Hmm should we do it for \r\n and \r? Otherwise the \n
> will be left out of the packet :)

I guess splitting on \n makes sense, yes.

Ofono normally uses just \r. Translating it to \r\n in kernel (ttys
already do that) would be super nice, but I think this is easy enough
to handle in ofono.

Thanks,
Pavel

  Last update: 2019-02-07 23:18    [W:0.067 / U:0.620 seconds]