SubjectRe: DMCA takedown notice
You take it down or I sue you, simple as that.

I have revoked the license from a number of people, including the John
Doe who has chosen to violate my copyright thence-forth.

I have signed using my 2 decades long held pen-name.

The U.S. Code defines an electronic signature for the purpose of US law
as "an electronic sound, symbol, or process, attached to or logically
associated with a contract or other record and executed or adopted by a
person with the intent to sign the record."

My signing with my pen-name suffices for this purpose. What is important
is my intent to sign the record, which I have evinced.

I have also posted the information on my long-held project page, so that
you may know that I am me:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpcslots2/files/notes/

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpcslots2/files/notes/tkdnreq_github.txt/download
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpcslots2/files/notes/takedownreq_vs_johndoe-of-8ch.txt/download

(I have also uploaded this response to said /notes/ directory)

In addition to many other places.
Your contention that I must do anything greater at this point is legally
inefficacious.

I _DEMAND_ that you take the offending material down immediately.

--MikeeUSA--
(Author of GPC-Slots 2)
(electronic signature)

On 2019-02-06 21:20, GitHub Staff wrote:
> Hi MikeeUSA,
>
> Thank you for your notices, the most recent of which is included below
> for reference.
>
> This DMCA notice is incomplete. It lacks "A physical or electronic
> signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an
> exclusive right that is allegedly infringed" and "Information
> reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the
> complaining party."
>
> Unfortunately, an electronic signature must be a legal name, not a
> monicker or username, and we cannot accept disposable or temporary
> email addresses as reliable contact information for a DMCA notice.
>
> Once you've revised your notice to include the required details,
> please send back the entire revised notice, and not only the corrected
> sections. Once we've received a complete and actionable notice, we'll
> process it expeditiously.
>
> Thanks,
>
> GitHub Staff
> -------------------------
>
> I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials
> described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the
> copyright owner, or its agent, or the law. I have taken fair use into
> consideration.
>
> I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this
> notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or am
> authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that
> is allegedly infringed.
> :
>
> As you may know, In the United States; a license, absent an attached
> interest, is revocable.
>
> A "John Doe" had his non-exclusive license regarding the game
> "GPC-Slots2" terminated by the copyright owner (me: MikeeUSA).
> The copyright owner may do this as-of-right, unless there is an
> attached interest (ie: unless the licensee paid good consideration for
> the license).
>
> The "John Doe" then proceeded to belligerently upload a copy of
> "GPC-Slots2" to your host, GitHub.
> This violated Author's (my) copyright, since "John Doe"'s gratuitous
> bare license had been terminated by the copyright holder (me).
>
> The "John Doe" then proceeded to modify my work, which again violated
> my copyright since I had previously revoked his license.
> The license flows from me, the copyright owner, not any text. It is
> permission to use, redistribute, modify, etc. Instructions on how to
> use my property.
> When such permission is not supported by any consideration, it may be
> rescinded by the owner, at his will.
> (/Regardless/ of the "terms". "Terms" are only enforceable against the
> grantor if the licensee has paid consideration for them, essentially,
> under US law.)
>
> I have done so.
>
> I reiterated to the "John Doe" that his license had been terminated.
>
> "John Doe" then informed me that I "can't do that". I tried to explain
> [...]

  Last update: 2019-02-12 00:11    [W:0.092 / U:0.660 seconds]